1) Attend an Event: From World Refugee Day to Welcoming Week to our annual resettlement conference, we've got you covered with our events calendar here!
2) Volunteer & Donate: Visit www.idahorefugees.org/get-involved.html for details.
3) Global Talent: Use your expertise in your field to guide New Americans on their path to reclaim their careers.
4) Global Gardens: Buy produce from farmers from refugee backgrounds.
5) English Language Center: Become a classroom volunteer working with new refugee arrivals in Boise.
6) Refugee Speakers Bureau: At your next event or conference, consider hiring a speaker from a refugee background.
7) Tune In: Listen to and share our MOSAICS podcast of Idaho resettlement stories, join our newsletter, and follow our Community Calendar.
8) Refugee Appreciation Luncheon: Encourage your company to endorse this event, held each year at the Capitol during the legislative session, to show Idaho's appreciation of the contributions of New Americans in our state.
9) Join Neighbors United, a collective of companies, nonprofits and agencies in the Treasure Valley working toward solutions in areas including housing, transportation, and jobs, with a focus on the experiences of refugees
10) Housing: Encourage your networks (church, rotary club, etc.) to look into House Your Neighbor to see how you can help with housing solutions, such as co-signing for a new family who doesn't have a credit score or rental history yet.
11) Become an Annual Sponsor: Encourage your company to become an annual sponsor of Idaho Office for Refugees' outreach events to strengthen, educate, empower, and connect communities. Contact: Whitney Alsallum, firstname.lastname@example.org
12) Welcome Corps: Consider forming a private sponsor group to welcome refugees and help them navigate their first 90 days.
Thank you for your interest! Whatever it is you feel led to do, know that your actions and kindness make a huge difference in the lives of those who are new here.
Author: Holly Beech
Idaho Office for Refugees Communications Manager
Thank you to the generous organizations who
support our outreach: